At ProGas we use bulk LPG technology utilizes tanks installed outdoors. Gas is delivered to
appliances in buildings through a centralized piping network.
Tanks come in different sizes to suit consumption. They can be installed aboveground or they can be buried underground.
ProGas will ensure that the LPG tank is located in a safe location and that the necessary devices are in place to protect the tank, pipelines and appliances.
Bobtails, delver LPG to your system at convenient intervals without disrupting the gas supply
to your appliance systems.
As a result, gas pressure is constantly maintained ensuring the optimum performance of your appliances hassle-free and without interruptions.
- Tanks are manufactured in accordance with ASME (American Society for Mechanical
Engineers) or European PED.
- Tanks are equipped with tank safety relief valve. This valve is one of the most important and
vital valves on any LPG tank. All tanks are required by law to be fitted with pressure relief
devices designed to relieve excess pressure. The function of a safety relief valve is to keep an
LPG tank from rupturing in the unlikely event of excessive pressure buildup. LPG tank relief
valves are also known as pop off valves, or pressure venting valves.
- LPG tank are installed in accordance with National Fire Protect Association National Fuel Gas
- Underground tanks are equipped with anodes bags to protect the tank from electrolysis.
An anode bag is attached by wire to the tank and placed in the hole with the tank before it is
covered with backfill. This sacrificial anode bag absorbs the electrical currents in the earth that would have
ordinarily targeted the tank resulting in damage to the container. In short the sacrificial
anode bag acts as a “decoy” for the damaging currents that can harm a tank in an
- Tanks are in constant contact with the environment that can be extremely damaging. For this reason the outer surface of the container is coated and covered with a material that will not be harmful to the shell of the underground tank.